Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I got two more Green ForestryMech MODs yesterday, so now I have three. Each has a point value of 100, so three of these chainsaw-wielding 'Mechs could form the standard 300-pt battleforce in MechWarrior: Dark Age games.

From what I've gathered, 3 Green ForestryMech MODs are a fun army only. I can see that it's probably not very good at dealing with infantry. Still, the Green ForestryMech MOD has good stats and abilities, a nice heat dial and a sweet, sweet vent rating of 3. So it can attack/move for three consecutive turns, then vent back to the starting heat dial position. Rinse and repeat. Now with three of them...

I'm thinking of calling them Gaia, Ortega and Nash, after the (in)famous Black Trinary (a.k.a. Black Tri-Stars) in Mobile Suit Gundam. Wish I had the paint, decals and the skills to give them the appropriate unit colours and maybe even modify the sculpts to differentiate each one from the other. I definitely like their colour scheme: black, purple and grey.


No comments: