Monday, July 12, 2004

I bought a budget release of Kurosawa's Red Beard about 2 weeks ago, but have yet to watch it. I hereby resolve to watch it before the week runs out and falls over into the abyss.

I bought a budget release of Zhang Yimou's Ba Wang Bie Ji (Farewell, My Concubine), which I impulsively popped into the DVD player as soon as I got home. Was surprised by the picture quality (the sound quality was probably top-notch too, but I can't quite tell without a proper home theatre system now, can I?) and the good English subtitles (which I turned off -- ha!). The viewing experience was marred by the logo of the releasing company which appeared in the top-right hand corner occasionally. Irritating and distracting. Otherwise, a wonderful three hours.

But I should go back and raid the Esplanade library's DVD collection soon too.

No comments: