Sunday, May 04, 2003

Went to see X2 . The second X-Men movie is fantastic! Good plot, cool lines and very cool special effects and action scenes. Highly recommended :)

Fed the corporate machine that is Virgin Megastore yesterday evening before the movie was due to start, with purchases of a Pizzicato Five and a Fantastic Plastic Machine CD. I thought I could splurge a little on music that I like. I know all the songs are probably available through Kazaa and the like, but 1) I only have a 4GB hard drive (stop sniggering -- my laptop's old) with no CD burner (and no girlfriend to burn CDs for me anymore) and 2) there's just something about cracking a new CD album open, admiring the shiny piece o' circular plastic within, poring over the liner notes... I just wish the experience didn't tend to be so costly :p

If I could find all the music I want online and burn it and (most importantly) not get caught, I'd do it. But if CDs actually were more reasonably (i.e. realistically) priced like say, $8 or $9 an album I'd much rather buy those. That's something the music industry doesn't get, I'm afraid.

No comments: