Friday, March 05, 2004

This month's University of Chicago Magazine has an article on the UofC Japanese Animation Society. The article isn't very flattering at all, and fails to give enough credit to Japanese animation genre.

Anime glows in Harper's halls

But reading that article brings back so many wonderful memories!

There are so many things that I wish I could change or could have done differently while at the UofC. But if I, were a freshman again, fidgeting in one of those awkward seats unique to Harper 130, gazing at the opening credits while my eyes adjust to the abrupt cut of the room lights, knew full well the trajectory my life would take once caught in the pull of people I would meet and the sheer effort that would be demanded of me......

...... I would do it all over again. In a technicolour heartbeat, in the imperceptible flicker between cels.

No comments: