Sunday, March 09, 2003

Last week I was pleasantly surprised to find a translated copy of Murakami Haruki's 1980 novella Pinball, 1973 in the CEAS's small library. Yesterday I asked if I could borrow it to photocopy (to my knowledge there was only ever one translation, by Alfred Birnbaum and it's out of print), and now it's on my desk.

Turns out that I didn't have to go to all that trouble. In fact, I could have gotten it at any time if I had just thought of it since there are html and pdf copies online :p Well, at least now I know I can get printed copies for free. Just go to http://www.murakami.ch/hm/bibliography/bibliography_pinball.html and look for the links at the bottom of the page. (Run your cursor over the last line.)

Ergh... still waiting for a paperback edition of After the Quake


No comments: