Monday, March 31, 2003

Back from New Orleans. Really had a good time there. Great weather, lots of sunshine and plenty of delicious seafood! Man, I'm gonna miss fried calamari so much :(

Thursday: Back in Chicago. Weather not too bad. Fall-like temperatures.
Friday: Much colder. Wind blowing.
Saturday: It's snowing?!? At the end of March?!?

I hate this city.

And now it's back to the daily grind. It's my last quarter here, and I'm trying not to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of projects and college work that I'll be doing in the next three months.

Meanwhile, the war in Iraq rages on. Even if the war hasn't turned out to be the walkover some generals and pundits thought it'll be, US progress has been pretty swift. A week and a half have passed and troops are already 50 miles outside Baghdad. Hopefully there aren't any screw-ups (uhh... Rolling Start?) and the war can end soon.

I'm more concerned about the SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) epidemic going around the East and Southeast Asian region. Singapore's been affected and I hope people back home will be ok. I pray that the epidemic will end soon, and for the repose of those who didn't make it.

Is there no good news?

No comments: