Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Good news: I can graduate this quarter so long as I finish my last Civ class. Whew...

Bad news (Well, only if you're my scholarship officer I suppose): No Public Policy BA = No Public Policy as Secondary Concentration on my transcript, or whatever this university calls it... Actually, maybe not completing a second major as stipulated in my scholarship contract could very well come back and bite me hard on the ass in future. I can't say for certain.

The Japanese Animation Society Raffle Draw was this evening. All I won was a rather unimaginative t-shirt from the good folks at AnimEigo . All the prizes -- graciously donated by Bandai and AnimEigo in return for us agreeing to help them distribute several forests' worth of promo materials -- were sitting in my room for about three weeks before this. The otaku part of me is still recovering -- I may never have so many anime DVDs in my residential facilities ever again! :( I should've taken photos but as usual I forgot my monster of a camera. So much for mementos of my presidency... :p

All in all, the proceeds from the raffle ticket sales and the bubble tea sale were more than satisfactory. I'm glad all our efforts paid off. The letters we sent out to companies seeking product sponsorship, the effort put into driving to Chinatown every morning to get the bubble tea, the time spent in the Reynolds Club selling.... It was all worth it to have the club in safe financial waters for Anime Central this year. And I think we managed to make many members of the club happy. That's the most important thing ^_^

Good memories, good memories... I will miss these days. I can safely say that being a part of the Japanese Animation Society here and getting to know the people I now call my friends, has been one of the best parts of my sojourn here.

On yet another random tangent -- I learnt how hangul (written Korean script) works today. It's really, really cool :)

No comments: