Friday, May 21, 2004

If you were to look at the disaster area my desk has become, you will notice 4 DVDs, all bearing labels indicating that they are the property of the National Library Board. These borrowed materials are the happy consequence of the upgrading of my membership to the exalted rank of Premium (S$21 including GST). It's a great way to raise funds, and one of the ways in which our public library system has been shaken up (mostly for the better) in the last 5-6 years.

Unfortunately I will not be able to watch 8 1/2, M, The Graduate and Bangkok Dangerous all within 7 days (with no renewal of loans). Not with all the other things I should be doing. Like paperwork for interviews later this year. Like watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and other good recent releases. Like playing with the well-used 2.0 megapixel digicam that Amanda wants to sell me for cheap. Like listening to music. Like sleeping more than 4 hours a night.

I am saturated with possibilities. That makes it more difficult to choose. I have nothing to complain about. :)

No comments: